Re: [LUG] RedHat 9.0

Quoting John Horne:

> On 25-Mar-2003 at 13:45:03 Jon Still wrote:
> > So, the 50 million quid question is:  Which release should we be using
> > for a production server?
> >
> I built 4 redhat 8 servers about a month ago. Depends on what the server is
> doing I guess; these were vpn servers with patched kernels, additional rpms
> for mppe/pptp etc. They also act as caching name servers, run an mta, ntp
> and so on. It all works fine. I've had no problems with rh8, although as a
> 'desktop user' I think I would hit more problems (especially with multimedia
> stuff)!

Thing is, that both 7.3 and 8.0 are currently both only supported until the 31st
of december, so I see no advantage in going for 8.0 over 7.3, when 7.3 (in my
experience at least) is more proven.

And given what's been said today about RH 8, I'd sort of expect RH to end of
life 8.0 before 7.3.  That's rather based on how they've end of lifed their
releases before of course, which may or may not have any bearing on the current
situation.

But I chose 7.3 :)

Alex.