Re: [LUG] RE: Mailing list software...

On 19-Mar-2003 at 09:12:05 Alex Charrett wrote:
> Quoting Pete Hatton:
>> > What software is used to control the LUG ? I am considering
>> > several options atm, majordomo seems to be a popular choice..
>> > We want to have at least 2 different lists of differing type.
>>
>> The LUG list uses majordomo.  There is also Mailman
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman.html which is another
>> popular choice.

We still use majordomo within the Uni. I choice it because it seemed the
most popular at the time, did what we wanted, etc, etc. However, version 2
of majordomo at that time, at least 2 or 3 years ago, was being worked on
and people had been asking when it would be available for some time prior to
that. It *still* hasn't appeared (or did I miss something?!). In that
respect, given a choice, I think I'd go for something like mailman simply
because it seems to be moving along a bit quicker!

John.