[LUG] RE: Mailing list software...

> What software is used to control the LUG ? I am considering
> several options atm, majordomo seems to be a popular choice..
> We want to have at least 2 different lists of differing type.

The LUG list uses majordomo.  There is also Mailman
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman.html which is another
popular choice.

> A) Announcement style list, we send out news letters.

I'm pretty sure (Alex will correct me very quickly if I'm wrong!) that
Majordomono can be set so that you can send out announcements, and
no-one on the list can post to it.

> B) Discussion forum

Well the LUG list could be considered as a "Discussion forum", but how
about a full blown BBS system such as phpBB?

Pete Hatton