Re: [LUG] Public Web Browser

> Could I have opinions on: -
>
>   If the Pentium 90 is up to the job
>   (and if not, if there is a computer shop around Newquay, Truro, Falmouth,
>   similar to 'the computer shop' in Plymouth,
>   where I could pick up a higher spec PC for under £100)

A P90 may struggle here a little, but the key here is how much memory do you
have? (32megs is a good min)

Blackbox http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net/

>   What is a good (low resource) browser
>   (that windows users will find familliar)

Hmm I am still using Netscape 4.5 to 4.7 odd, on a old P120-24megs of memory
laptop and it struggles a little, maybe with more memory you could try Mozilla
or maybe Opera?

>   Or even better, is there a relevant distribution/web site

Pass on that, usually on a low spec box I get my Redhat 6.2 CD out, and trim it
right down to the bare knuckles.

Pete Hatton
E-mail:  pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Webpage: http://www.monolight.org