[LUG] Debian 3: starting X11?

OK, the installation with a 2.4 kernel seems to have gone smoothly, and as a
text interfaced computer the box is pretty good.

I basically picked default answers to most of it, and didn't run dselect or
tasksel, but picked a wide selection when the preformed list was offered.

One exception from what I epxected and the documents seem to describe was
that I wasn't asked to create a user.

So I did once I had a root shell with no password, and set a password to that
of course.

Now, should I expect to find X11 on there, and if so where, or what is the
first thing I have to do to get X installed, up and running now?

Please.
--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/