Re: [LUG] Meeting 15-12-2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Richard Brown wrote:

Hi All

Just to let you know the landlord says he will be there from around 11.15am
onwards but he can't serve alcohol until 12pm!!! And unfortunately he cannot
do the sandwiches now. Sorry about that.

Has anybody got information on setting up a network! Particularly LInux
accessing a Windows machine. And does anybody have a copy of Open Office.org
that I could copy to CD. Thanks.

Rich

Not exactly a guru, but I can bluff my way through the average home or
office linux network. There is absolutely mountains of programs and
documentation in your Red Hat installation to do with ethernet, modems,
TCP, telnet, ftp, etc. etc.  A pretty comprehensive source of information
is the Linux Network Administrators Guide. This may be installed on your
system - on my copy of RedHat 6.2 it is in /usr/doc/LDP/nag - if not, then
you can get it from en.tldp.org along with loads of other guides and
HOW-TO's. For connecting Linux and Windows machines you need the various
tools in the Samba package - type "rpm -qd samba" to get a list of the
various guides and manual pages for Samba on your machine.

Tom.