[LUG] upgrading

I`ll shortly be receiving a new computer :-)..... my question is how best to
move my system from my old computer to my new computer as I have never done
this before.

My current system is an intel celeron 400 + ATI Rage Pro card + 8gig HD
+20gigHD. I run RedHat 8, which is entirely on the 20gigHD. It is a dual boot
system with Windows 98.

The new system will be AMD athlon 1800+ geforce4 + 40gigHD. Hopefully will be
dual boot with Windows XP.

I have two options as I see it.....

1. Move the 20gig HD to the new computer and run it as a slave to the new
drive.

2. Repartition the 40gig HD and do a clean install, but then i`ll have to set
everything up again.

I would really like to do option 1, but how do a go about changing the config.
i.e for the new hardware....I really haven`t got a clue how to do it.

Help.....

Thanks

Mike