I think I would actually do it if I was back home. :)

----- Forwarded message from Belinda Waldock <belinda.waldock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
-----

Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 21:00:12 +0200
Subject: UKOnline E-vents Information from actnow
From: "Belinda Waldock" <belinda.waldock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

FAO Kai Hendry: ,

Please find below details of local UKOnline for Business e-vents. If you
have a web site or are considering one at this time you may find the
UKOnline project of interest.  www.ukonlineforbusiness.gov.uk

As part of the actnow project we endeavour to provide you with
information about Communications Technologies through both ourselves and
through our knowledge of other initiatives.

Regards

Belinda Waldock
actnow ICT Advisor
belinda.waldock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
01209 722850

Apologies if you do not wish to receive these emails, please reply to me
with remove in the subject line.

I would like to invite you to the 'Business Growth, Innovation and
E-commerce' event on 12th November at the Alverton Manor, Truro or on
13th November at St Mellion Golf and Country Club, Saltash.

90 minutes is all it will take...

for you to know whether you are doing enough (or more importantly what
else you could do) to:- increase sales, improve profitability, create
new markets, out compete your competitors, enter new markets, preserve
the loyalty of your best customers.... through your use of IT and the
internet.

Through case studies of successful companies, demonstrations of new
products and explanations of the latest technologies, we will equip you
with the essential knowledge (and contacts) to help you succeed.

Major IT companies - like Microsoft and Hewlett Packard - will present
and demonstrate, along with independent IT consultants, how your
business can benefit from current technology.

The programme is modular - so you only need to attend the part of the
day that is relevant to you (or your colleague). But then again, as will
be a buffet lunch and opportunities to network, you may prefer to stay
all day.

The event is partly funded by UK online for business and only costs £25
+ VAT (including the lunch) for the day but places are limited so please
respond as soon as you can - by phone 0845 600 99 66; or e-mail.

I hope we have the pleasure of meeting you soon.

Best regards,
Karine Davies
UK online for business
Business Link for Devon & Cornwall
Telephone: 0845 600 9966
Fax: 01392 473443

PS Here is the agenda and more detail on each module - to register
on-line please go to www.blinkdandc.com

Attend one of more of the modules from...

AGENDA
8.30 - 9.00   Registration and Coffee
9.00 - 10.00  Module 1: Building Solid Foundations for Success 10.20 -
11.50 Module 2:  Market Focused Web Sites - Your Window to New Markets
12.10 - 1.40  Module 3: E-commerce - Automated Trading with our
Customers
1.40 - 2.15   Buffet Lunch
2.15 - 3.45   Module 4:  Building a Flexible E-cosystem
4.05 - 5.30   Module 5:  Innovation, our Business Model and Wealth
Creation

Module 1: Building Solid Foundations for Success

This module is for you if you wish to understand the latest technologies
and concepts for building a solid hardware and software foundation for
your business; a pre-requisite for business success with ICT and
e-commerce. We will cover all the essentials you need to enable
flexibility for the future as you build more applications for your
customers, suppliers and your people. Who is it for? This module is for
business managers and directors, and is essential knowledge whether you
wish to add to your existing ICT or start from scratch. What will we
cover? The essential hardware components you need to build an effective
internal network The hardware and software you will need to aid
communication with customers, suppliers and remote workers and offices
via the internet Wireless networks - do you need one? costs and benefits
The latest software to enable your people to communicate and collaborate
in an effective way
The technologies to enable communications with your company through and
device from any location Microsoft XP - the functionality and business
benefits for small businesses The latest office productivity tools.
Small Business Server benefits Using Mapoint for market demographics
Case studies of successful ICT and web ventures - from a two man company
to a manufacturing exporter Delivered by/content from - HP, Microsoft

Module 2:  Market Focused Web Sites - Your Window to New Markets This
module is for those companies who wish to develop an effective and
successful web presence as the basis for business and market
development. You may be planning your first site or you may already have
a site which you think could be improved on. We will present you with
the key principles you should focus on and also the key internet
marketing techniques you need to use to bring visitors to your site. Who
is it for? This module is for business managers and directors who wish
to understand how to establish a market focused web site which will
bring in new business What will we cover? Examples of companies with
successful web sites Business development objectives and the web The key
principles involved in creating a successful site A framework - the 4
C's - to enable you to focus on what's important The use of
interactivity and multimedia Using the 'community' and 'personalisation'
concepts for business improvement, customer loyalty and new revenue
Using Microsoft Frontpage and sharepoint for effective web site,
intranet development and content managment Microsoft BCentral for
assistance and resources for your site Different options for hosting you
site and the costs involved Different ways you and your customers can
access the internet including broadband and mobile access Using Search
engine positioning to guarantee a high ranking with search engines
Delivered by/content from - Jan Klin, Microsoft, BT

Module 3: E-commerce - Automated Trading with our Customers

This module is for those companies who wish to start selling via their
website in an automatic way. We look at the different options, the
security issues and also cover some advanced internet marketing methods
for driving new customers to the site. Who is it for? This module is for
those business managers and directors who wish to understand how to
trade on-line with new and existing customers What will we cover?
Examples of different types of company who are achieving substantial
success through their e-selling activities The different levels to which
we can automate our e-trading activities and the associated benefits The
technology and supplier options we have for developing our e-trading and
what we need to move forward On line credit card authorization and
payment methods Some best practice tips for successful e-trading -
confidence building, tax and legislation Security issues and a planning
process to address the security of our site and transactions E-store -
the BT 'one-stop' service for e-trading, examples of success stories,
costs and benefits Using 'pay for clicks' services to drive site traffic
Use of affiliate marketing to bring new customers to our site Using
e-mail and permission marketing techniques to develop more business
Delivered by/content from - Jan Klin, BT , Cisco

Module 4: Building a Flexible E-cosystem

This module is for those companies who understand that massive benefits
are available to those who use the internet to permeate every business
function
- sales, marketing, supply chain, people....
You may already use the ICT and the internet extensively but want to
consider the benefits available through further integration of your
business through ICT and some of the issues and technologies involved.
Who is it for? This module is for those business managers and directors
who already use the internet and ICT extensively but wish to understand
what can be achieved through total integration What will we cover?
Examples of companies who are achieving success through higher degrees
of business and ICT integration Use of internet for streamlining the
supply chain and automating transactions with our trading partners A
model for allowing us to prioritise which applications we should focus
on Integrating our web site with our other ICT systems The use of the
internet in customer service applications and CRM (customer relationship
management) The use of ICT for 'people' related applications - knowledge
management Using the internet for on-line interactive collaboration with
our customers e-procurement and the internet Using e-marketplaces for
marketing and
An overview of CISCO's use of ICT - the example many consider to
represent the ultimate vision A typical ICT infrastructure to support
total integration Delivered by/content from - Jan Klin,  Cisco

Module 5:Innovation, our Business Model and Wealth Creation

This module is for you if you wish to understand the latest technologies
for creating new ways of doing business and creating new wealth. You may
be at an advanced stage in your e-business evolution to allow your to
take advantage of these approaches, or alternatively you may just have
an interest or ambition in realising the longer term potential. Who is
it for? This module is for those business managers and directors who
already use the internet and ICT extensively but wish to understand what
can be achieved through total integration and get a glimpse of what's
coming in the near future What will we cover? What we mean by new
business models Examples of companies embracing new business models Why
it's important to consider new ways of doing business and creating
wealth in today's business environment The latest technologies which
will allow us to develop new ways of doing business emerging 'web
services' and the potential for new ways of doing business Mobile and
wireless communications developments and 'always on' internet Some
innovative solutions and technologies which are available today A
glimpse into the 'not so distant' future and how we will be using
e-services Hewlett Packard's 'Cooltown' - a fictional town using all the
technologies which are available to us now and the benefits of using
them
Delivered by/content from - Jan Klin , HP

The contents and any attachments of this electronic mail message are
confidential and intended only for the named addressees. Dissemination,
forwarding, publication or other use of the message or attachments by
any unauthorised person is strictly prohibited. Unless stated to the
contrary, any opinions expressed in this message are personal and may
not be attributed to PROSPER or any member of the PROSPER GROUP. PROSPER
GROUP - Registered in England & Wales. Company Reg. No. 2461550 -
Registered Office : PROSPER House, Budshead Road, Plymouth. PL6 5XR

----- End forwarded message -----

--
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/hendry