[LUG] ADSL (wasn't anything to do with anything else)

We're moving house soon - hooray, I hear you cry - lives in a house, a very
big house in the country, etc. etc. ...

The problem is that Telewest say it's an NTL area, and NTL say it's a Telewest
area, so a broadband cable connection is out of the question.

The phone exchange hasn't been ADSL enabled yet, so I've been keeping an eye
on the number of preregistrations on www.adslguide.org(.uk) - a fantastic site
with all the latest news, and more importantly the tables of preregistrations
for exchanges.

BT has been 'much hailed' for their pre-registration initiative, despite their
apparent ineffectiveness to actually process the details once the exchanges
have reached their trigger levels, but I actually think that the pre-
registration scheme is nothing more than time-wasting.

Am I the only one that thinks BT should just get on with it and upgrade all
the exchanges?

Wireless broadband for everyone, that's what I say!

Alex.