Re: [LUG] Meeting 15-12-2002

On Friday 22 Nov 2002 12:08 pm, Richard Brown wrote:

There will be no charge room wise. Just a charge for food and/or beer.
However, I can get the food cheap as well if folks confirm whether it's
sandwhiches or hot food. I am counting at least 12 so far!
(10?)

Sandwiches would suit me.

I can post a map nearer the time. Am assuming 12 midday until 5/6pm.

Those making presentations would benefit from a little preparation time - say
11am. Possible?

  > >- From my reading of the DCLUG archive:
  > >Sunday 15th December 2002
  > >St. Austell?
map T/F

  > >Attendees so far:
(If those listed here are not attending, sorry - please say.
Those who aren't listed who want to come, also, please say so.)
  > >Rick Timmis
  > >David Johnson
  > >Terence McCarthy
  > >Neil Williams
  > >Adrian Midgley
  > >Neil Stone
  > >Simon Waters
Mark Harvey
Bill Wilson
Richard Brown

  > >Topics:

  > >GnuPG key signing (all those with laptops)

Briefing on SuperTramp Linux Project (Rick) 20mins

Migrating to Linux in business (Bill Wilson) How long would you like, Bill?

  > >Overview of PHP (me). 30mins
Covering: Basics, PHP output, PHP form processing, file I/O, using MySQL
within PHP {but this will NOT cover MySQL or SQL itself}. Q&A.

  > >Overview of XML (me). 30mins.
Basics, XML is not HTML, XML beyond the WWW, data/content separation, intro
to XSLT (currently M$ only), intro to works-in-progress like XLink, XPath and
XPointer. Q&A.

For both PHP and XML, I'll be using the www.codehelp.co.uk site content as a
template for the presentation to provide some structure.

If only a few want to look into PHP in depth, I can take a little time and
I'll bring some useful texts and, of course, a working PHP/Apache/RH config
to test ideas and scripts. (I'll have XML and WML texts too to cover
questions.)

- --

Neil Williams
http://www.codehelp.co.uk/