Re: [LUG] Totnes meet at Newton Abbot Beer fest next week

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:42:33 +0100
"Chris Edwards" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Confused? Me too.

Anyway it seems from Terence's post that he might not be able to make
Friday.
As we can make either day, but both prefer Friday 8:00, let's leave the
final decision to you Terence.

Sorry for any confusion: I am going to the Thursday evening opening as it is
quieter, all the beers are usually available (i.e. the stronger ones go faster), and
I had already arranged to meet friends there.

I would thus much prefer Thursday as on the Friday I had volunteered to help out
behind the bar if required, but am certainly not averse to standing the "right" side
for a few beers and a chat.

If either is OK, my personal description- as befitting a man whose daughter will be
accompanying him to the Thursday session- is as follows:

A distinguished getting-on-for-middle-aged man of impressive mien, whose silver-grey
hair is now thinning, of some 5' 10", and wearing a discreet
but distinctive SuSE Linux chameleon badge.

An agreed time at the entrance for an RV will allow us to connect. Offers of a time
on Thursday or Friday evening?

Terence

ERRATA: For "getting-on-for-middle-aged" read "mid-fifties" throughout.

For "thinning" read "practically bald" throughout.