Re: [LUG] Firewall - info and reviews

I think firestarter is crap. Is crashed while I did a nmap on my my
machine. Simply use iptables. In debian, I configure my firewall, like
so:

Block all incoming connections, except for ssh.

iptables -A block -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A block -m state --state NEW -i ! ppp0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A block -j DROP
iptables -A INPUT -j block
iptables -A FORWARD -j block
iptables -L
iptables -I block -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
iptables -L
/etc/init.d/iptables save_active