Re: [LUG] multiprogramming

Multiprogramming - Ain't never heard of it.
Multi-tasking - AFAIK, there is only one sort. Performing two ooperations
simultaineously. Anything else is a fudge.
Single processing systems can do it. Take a look at the new Pentium IV xeons.
They can use 4 way processing using just 2 processsors so long as the code
doesn't try to access the same part of the chip at the same time - how god
only knows.

Regards,
Jon Lawrence