Re: [LUG] uname

On Saturday 10 August 2002 9:11 pm, paul wrote:
Hi

I am using a amd processor,  when I do uname -a I get inknown -p for the
processor type,  the other information displays fine,  -m (hardware type) -
i586,  - s operating system = linux which is fine,

Would I be right in thinking that the program does not recognise the amd
processor family. and just intel processor,

what do other people get with non intel hardware,

paul

cat /proc/cpuinfo ?