[LUG] MK Linux

Hello all DCLUG members.

I am a newbie to the user group also "not to knowledgeable" where Linux computing is concerned.

I would like to start using Linux on my Apple Mac 6200, on another partition, as an alternative to to the Apple OS.

I have been told and confirmed that MK Linux is usable to a degree on my machine. On visiting the Web site for MK linux .org, I found the raw cd image of 650 Mb could only be burnt to a cd.

The version of Toast supplied with my cd burner does not support the format "disk image" required to download the installation. There is another option from the US of A, that is to pay US dollars to one of two people who have offered the burn service to who ever requires it.

As the service given by banks, regarding cost of US dollar bank drafts, is expensive does any of the user group know of a UK site or distributor of MK Linux.

Thanks John.

Apple Macintosh Performa Power PC Model: 6200 75 MHz./ 500 HD / CD. 64 Mb Ram.

OS: 8.0 & 8.1 & 8.5 & 8.6 REAL PC Emulator: PC Dos 7.

Monitor: 14" Apple Audio / Video. Printer: Apple StyleWriter 2400

Zip Drive: Iomega 250 Mb. Jaz Drive: Iomega 2 Gb CD-RW: Yamaha 16-10-40.

Scanner: Umax Astra 1220S. External HD's: 18 Gb Analogic & 500 Mb Gasteiner Atari.

Modem: Global Village 56K. Speakers: Sony SR6 - PD87.