RE: [LUG] UPS

===== Original Message From Theo Zourzouvillys <theo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> =====

On Saturday 03 August 2002 4:28 pm, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Would it be a good idea to install a UPS when I move to Devon?  If so,
any comments or recommendations would be gratefully received.

well out of the time since i've been here (august last year) the only power
faliture i had was a short blip last week...

i'd still always recommend a UPS though ;)

You would. When the rain was on here in lefkas the power was going out
regularly 2 or 3 times a day. We're on the coast too.

A UPS would have been useful in a few cases - 2 minutes of non power (or even
a big voltage drop), is cured by a ups, and saves a lot of grief.