Pushy sales people (was Re: [LUG] Eurpoean Computer Driving Licence and Non-MS Operating Systems)

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 10:36 pm, Nick Kew wrote:

Well, in the Linux world there's RHCE and LPI - to name two organizations
that offer training & certification.  'Tis but a small step ...

reminds me of a call i got almost 3 years ago ;)

Sales person: Hi, i'm from [some company] offering redhat trainsing to systems
             administrators.  I've noticed you work for [x comapny] as
             systems administrator, would you be interested in sitting the
             exams with us?

Me:           No thank you.

Sales person: what exactly do you do at [x comapny]

Me:           *Explain what i did*

Sales person: it will give you future oppertunities and blah, blah, blah, blah
             blahblahbvlah....

*in the time she was talking, i went to starbucks, bought a latte, and came
back to the office.  everyone was listening to my ammusing comments made as i
was trying to shake of the sales woman*, then..

Sales person: What is stopping you sir? it's only x ammount of pounds, a x%
             discount from the normal prices!  Just give me your credit card
             number over the phone now, and we'll send you the detail in the
             post stright away,

Me:           I don't have a credit card.

Sales person: Ohh, may i ask why, sir?

Me:           Sure - i'm 17.

 *CLICK*.

yet another pushy person sales person sorted out ;)

sadly, that method doesn't work anymore :p

pushy saleswoman called today to sell me double glazing, although my whole
house is double glazed.  how do you get rid of them?! (no phone sales people
in greece!)

~ Theo

- --

Theo Zourzouvillys
http://zozo.org.uk/

You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your
brakes are defective.