Re: [LUG] [pohanlon@cornwall.gov.uk: Cornwall County Council Website]

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 04:44:03PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
I think the more general problem is to supply a framework that
makes it easy to be standard conforming.

HTML 4 Transitional is pretty easy.

Whilst it is easy to identify broken mark-up it is far harder to
produce material that looks good and isn't broken, so you want

That is not true. There is no need for hacks with the current browsers
available. Check out the designs out on www.oswd.org. Some of them may
look good to you, and many are build correctly conforming to even the
strictest forms of html standards.

to be selling them advice on choosing and implementing a good
content management system.

A good content management ? A silver bullet ? I do not think there is
one ! ;)

Damn I am pissed off that some agency prick called me rudely in the
middle of dinner(and the final set of the Henman game) demanding to know
how much commercial experience I had of XSL. Christ sake. Someone drop
the bomb on the IT industry in this country.

-Kai