Re: [LUG] Fwd: My IPCop Review

On Monday 01 July 2002 00:41, you wrote:

His idea of "supporting itself" is making money - something the GPL is
*not* meant for.

There is nothing in GPL against making money, just constraints on what ways
you may make money.  Same goes for the FSF.

I'd say that for the desktop the _hypothesis_ that this is the best way to
conduct business and society is still being tested, while for various
categories of server the hypothesis has been proved to my satisfaction.

This rather rude mail simply adds to my points I made in the review.
I haven't yet replied...

Probably better not to.
--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley