Re: [LUG] more study required - RE: What I've found so far XML

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 08:44:22PM +0100, Roland Tarver wrote:

Both XML and HTML mark up structure and information.

Can you show a simple eg of html marking up data plz?

<h1>Heading</h1>

So what's the main difference between XML and HTML? Have I just asked a
question that has a huge answer? or can you very _simple_ summarise it in a
paragraph?

XML is a scheme[1] of markeup, HTML is an application of another scheme
of markup (SGML).

HTML is to XML as a WinZip (written in C++) is to Java.

I guess so! :( Will you reccommend a good introductary book plz?

There is no such thing ahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahah!

Well, not that I've found :)

Steve

[1] there is a better term for this