Re: [LUG] Linux reviews for the Herald Express.

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, paul wrote:

Just got a mail from Chris who writes the computer section for the
Herald Express,  he has asked me if I can write a reader review for Linux
as being a user I can give a better opinion of the software.   I can
write one for Suse 8,  can any other members of the group perhaps write
something for other distributions,  ? 700 - 800 words.

I don't think the Herald's readers really want to read about the
subtleties of the distro.  If I were writing such an article I'd make
it generic, but if you prefer to write about SuSE and add a note about
"this is one of many distros available", that would be a valid approach.

Don't miss the server/desktop distinction.  Readers will know about
the desktop (where we're the challenger) more than the server
(where we're firmly established).  I'm tempted to write a whole bunch
of "don't forget"s, but that'll take too long, so I'll just say feel free
to lift anything you want from my little brochure at www.pen-pen.co.uk.

I may need some help,  I can start off but perhaps other members could
check the finer details of the review.  e.g I can send a draft to the lug
and ask for comments.

That sounds like a good way to go.  If I were writing such an article,
I'd be asking for review here.

--
Nick Kew