Re: [LUG] ssh logins

Hi,
I was getting an error in the syslog. chmod 600 cured that.
Running ssh -v -v -v gives:

debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: start over, passed a different list
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: preferred publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: authmethod_lookup publickey
debug3: remaining preferred: password,keyboard-interactive
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled publickey
debug1: next auth method to try is publickey
debug1: try privkey: /home/xxx/.ssh/identity
debug3: no such identity: /home/xxx/.ssh/identity
debug1: try privkey: /home/xxxx/.ssh/id_rsa
debug3: no such identity: /home/xxxx/.ssh/id_rsa
debug1: try pubkey: /home/xxxx/.ssh/id_dsa
debug3: send_pubkey_test
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug1: authentications that can continue:
publickey,password,keyboard-interactive
debug2: we did not send a packet, disable method
debug3: authmethod_lookup password
debug3: remaining preferred: keyboard-interactive
debug3: authmethod_is_enabled password
debug1: next auth method to try is password

Note, I've done exactly the same within my lan and it works.
The machine I'm trying to ssh to is on the internet. So what if any is the
difference when it comes to connecting to a live ip? Do you need to be able
to do a reverse lookup on the machines?

Regards
Jon Lawrence