RE: [LUG] Mandrake download

| I really really wonder about some of these reviews, which
| seem very cliched
| now.   He threw up some issues that would affect a SOHO user
| and implied that
| they would be a problem on a mass-installed corporate
| desktop.   That's not
| how this one saw it: http://portalux.com/cgi-bin/nph-r?i=4792
|
| Paul

Good.  A more balanced point of view - but in a *tech* context.
Portalux.com will never have the readership of the Guardian newspaper,
perhaps not even of the Evening Herald.

Cliche is right; I wonder if these reviewers have even a trivial
understanding of computer usage beyond logging on to AOL.  Right or
wrong, however, these voices are the perceived authority on the subject.

No more review links, after this one which I can`t resist:

http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2001/9/30/83943/2736

MB