Re: [LUG] A bit bit off topic but has anybody heard of Pickdatabases?

On 14/5/02 10:56 am, "Chris Edwards" <chrised@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

has anybody heard of Pick databases?

Came across this at college in late 80s. It was introduced by my one of my
tutors - a physicist. He (James Binney) and a post grad friend (Mark Newman)
were so appalled by the state of the documentation available that they wrote
a short book about how to administer Pick -  published by someone like
Addison Wesley I think. Knowing them it would be extremely well written.
Don't know if it's still in print - if not, I'm sure the text would be
acquirable from one of them, if that's any use.

Andy W

--
Andy Williamson
Producer

Are they legacy, what are the good points and the disadvantages? Do they
require a *nix platform?

I would be interested to know as my local council in the South hams use them
and I am applying for a job there.

Much obliged

Chris Edwards