Re: [LUG] Licences preventing the user from using other OSes?

On Monday 06 May 2002 11:59, you wrote:

I think it includes a lot of that, perhaps accounting for what I am told is a
failure of productivity per employee to increase despite having more windows
in offices.  Certainly the NHS approach to IT in the administrative sphere
seems to be producing more, longer and prettier documents, rather than in
moving them quicker or doing cleverer things with them.

You'd have though that moving information quickly would be of great
importance in health care. Since delay could lead to more expensive
treatments being required or, worst case senario, premature deaths.

IIRC in ancient China doctors were only paid when people were well,
thus providing a financial incentive to keep people alive and healthy.