Re: [LUG] Star Office choked and won't restart

On Saturday 04 May 2002 20:46, you wrote:

The command "ps jax" will display the PPID and the process group ID.
(But for some reason it dosn't like the u option.)

Does anyone have a list of the items a newish power user would find helpful
to have stuck to the bezel of their monitor or top of their keyboard?
For quick reference rather than digging out Linux in  a Nutshell or whatever.
Compiling one and using it as a leave-piece or flyer for LUG meetings might b
worthwhile.

Mine is starting to grow, and has how to cut and paste in X
F8 for VNC Viewer
kill   -KILL
and now ps -jax

Probably a one line summary of locate find and grep in order to find the
article one was writing last week would help, I've looke that up several
times.

I think 5-10 lines by two columns totalling 120 characters width is about
right.

Process 838 is sleeping, process 875 is zombie. At a guess process
838 is the grandparent of 875, killing process 838 should do something

It did.

--
From one of the Linux desktops of Dr Adrian Midgley
http://www.defoam.net/