[LUG] vmware virtual network

I am have vmware workstation 3 on my suse 8 installation. It works quite
nicely with win98 and all eye candy turned off. I can connect up to the net
with aol and even send & receive email through it.

What I am stuck with is getting linux as the host talking to the guest os.

What I want to do is fire up win98 & aol so that I can browse & download
software using my fixed pricing plan. I often browse the internet this way
and you can see from my  headers this is usually how I send @ receive email.

But I still have to download in genuine windows then reboot to copy what I
have downloaded across.

I don't have a real network card just the virtual vmware network drivers
which are set up during install ( Host only Networking )

Anyone have any experience of setting it up so I can connect , download ,
then copy the files across from the virtual windows machine to linux so I
can do all this without rebooting as then I will rarely need to boot into
`real` windows at all.

Especially now that I have my cd writing cracked.

Ray