Re: [LUG] how do iI cd into a directory with spaces??

Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

On Wednesday 22 May 2002 12:50 am, Darren Ward wrote:
I can do this on my windows partition by using the ~1 on the end, but what
about linux??

either:

cd "Some Directory"

or

cd Some\ Directory

Using the "Tab" key to autocomplete filenames is good as well,
get bash to type the slashes and quotes for you.

There are some interesting issues with the Microsoft approach to
not implementing long file names in a sane manner. You can
switch off the 8.3 versions of names in the NT registry, and I'd
recommend if you need to harden NT and friends.