RE: [LUG] Just Curious?

We see countless examples of linux running on various old machines but
out of interest what sort of spec
 computer do group members have there favourite flavour of linux running
on?

Do
es anyone besides myself use it as a standalone workstation on newer
hardware?

Sorry about the earlier message which was nothing but a forward.I was using
uni webmail which somehow managed to disregard the fact I actually typed
something else in.

Anyhow, this newbie to the list uses Mandrake 8.1 (no windows at all at the
moment) on:

P4 1.4GHz
128mb RD-RAM
GeForce 2 MX
LG DVD
LG 32x8x3 CD-RW

2759.06 Bogomips

Windows 2000 was recently ditched from it, we'll see how long that lasts...
hopefully a good long time.