Re: [LUG] Virus

hi there,

surely this is another huge endorsement for linux - like when i get virus warnings from friends i can switch to 'smug mode' and tell them that it is mainly a problem for duped consumers running a basically single-user, unsecured, badly designed operating system. why not buy another computer.

these days when i get asked by obscure cousins to help with their trashed windows machines i point them at whsmith, tell them to find a 'windows is easy' magazine and reinstall windows themselves. when they find out that windows is definitely NOT easy i point them at further education. i've even made my dad go to a course because i refuse to be listed in about 50 people's/companies address books as 'who to call for free advice when computer plays up' - i'm sure we've all been there!!!

its no colsolation but i have just heard of a couple (friends of my dad) who were advised to defrag their windows machine - and then watched it doing so for 4/5 hours!!!

yours venting spleen,

kev :o)

Jason Mepham wrote:

So you thought you'd contact the group and let everyone else have it !!

well cheers then!!