Re: [LUG] Heist ad: IBM, Linux, and audio from MPEG 1

hi guys,

great ad - hopefully it will be on tv soon!

FWIW - it played fine on my debian stable box using gtv - had to add my normal login to the audio group but that was all.

it reminds me of an issue which annoys sometimes - if i add myself to a group (using su) i have to log out and log back in again for the session to know that i am in the new group - is there anyway i can force my current login session to reload its group settings - or tell it that i am now in group xxxx?

thanks,

kev