Re: [LUG] CD Writer (+ Cwll meet)

Hi,

Got it working now - the CDRom icon on the desktop did not link to it
properly as a device, so I had to add a new CDRom device by right clicking on
the desktop, selecting new and choosing the CDRom, selecting the device and
mount point in the properties.

Now working fine.

Many thanks to you, and to the others who have helped.

No-one sems interested in meeting near Newquay - anyone else got a venue for
a Cornwall meet?

Mark Harvey

> Mark Harvey wrote:
> > Ok, that seems to get me in to the CD.
> >
> > Now, how do I get the cd icon on my desktop to automatically mount and ls
> > the cd within KDE? URL of the icon is /mnt/cdrom/
>
> It should just work - try right clicking the icon and check the
> properties to see if it has the right device file. Mine has the
> mount point blank, but /dev/cdrom for device - but it is an old
> version of KDE.
>
> --

For information on Newquay and the surrounding area:
http://www.Newquay-Plus.co.uk