Re: [LUG] plip

hi there,

here's some stuff from a book ->

page 233 of linux complete says

"Please note the some laptops use chipsets that will not work with PLIP because they do not
allow some combinations of signals that PLIP relies on, that printers don't use."

default IRQ setup should be

device    i/o            IRQ
plip0       0x3bc      5
plip 1    0x378        7
plip2    0x278        2

but these can be changed when inserting the module or using ifconfig.

then
~/#ifconfig plip1 localplip pointopoint remote plip [up]

then add the route

~/#route add remoteplip plip1
which could be the line you are missing - this says 'any packets to go to machine remoteplip
are to go via plip1

and make sure 'remoteplip' machine is in your hosts file - or you could be specific

route add 192.168.0.2 plip1

please note - i've just got this from a book - so i am certainly not sure of any of it!!!

kev