Re: Broadband Cornwall (RE: [LUG] hello)

Pete Hatton wrote:

> > Lets try again,  bti's webmail stuffed up
>
> Hey, no surprise there :-)
>
> > Pete,
> >
> > here is threemilestone do you live, some parts of it are close enough,  i
> > know that polstain road area is okay
>
> I'm at the other end of Threemilestone - as you say, Polstain road area is
> just in.  Though, as Alex said, RADSL which can offer broadband access for
> upto 5.5km, may be the answer.  See http://www.adslguide.org.uk/ for some
> good info on ADSL and RADSL.
>
> Pete Hatton

Actually, there is an exchange in Threemilestone. I have been told
though that the truro exchanges are about full, which is okay if you
only want analogue lines. We were told that our salesmen could not order
any more ISDN2's due to lack of room. You'd think a huge company like
that would keep on top of capacity's but obviously not down here in
Cornwall. You'd probably be waiting months to get it installed anyway
the way things are right now. It took them weeks and weeks to install
Primary rate for us a little while back. Good ol' BT eh.

--

                      .--.