[LUG] Bargain Books

Yesterday I reluctantly accompanied my wife to Trago
Mills Newton Abbot, having heard that inexpensive
books on Linux had been spotted. I purchased two.
Linux Companion for System Administrators by Jochem
Hein - publisher Addison-Wesley in 1999 & Red Hat
Linux Unleashed by David Pitts & Bill Ball - published
by  Sams in 1998, this includes a two CD Red Hat 5.2
distro. Both at 1.99 each.

Apropos RH 5.2, as a newbie I need some help that the
RTFM method fails to offer. I want to install RH on an
ageing laptop with 540Mb HD & a floppy. The distro
offers a network install using PLIP. My desktop
machine, with CD is running Mandrake 8.0, how do I set
it up to communicate with the laptop via a laplink
cable. The comms down the cable are OK as it works
with Windows.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Trevor Sansom