Re: [LUG] RH 9.x

Gemma Peter wrote:

I am also (barely) running RedHat 9 on a box with low specs Pentium 200MHz,
32MB RAM.
It is so slow (not a surprise) but it doesn't take more than 30 mins to log
in! I should probably have at least 128MB RAM but PC 66 is difficult to get
hold of, and it fried one of the chips I had. I just bought a new
motherboard anyway (I blagged the one I'm using at the moment) it is a
450MHz Pentium III, need to save up for some RAM though. Looking forward to
a decent speed box to experiment with.

Gemma,

You should be fine with PC100 or PC133 ram, plus you'll find it much easier to get hold of and cheaper too :)

- Dan