[LUG] Migrating to Linux Pt 2.

Well, my migration to Linux is going fairly well. It's been easier then I thought it would be, I've installed Firefox, Thunderbird and GAIM which I was using under Windows so I'm comfortable with them.

I even attempted to try and get my webcam working. This has been fun....

My web cam is a Viewquiet Tech M318B camera which was supplied with an old Time K6/2 450 PC. The camera works nicely under Windows, ut's a USB device, and I think I've been fairly lucky to find a driver which works under a 2.6 kernel, compiles and even works!

Now, I'm wondering, how do I start the module on startup? It seems a bit long winded to open a terminal, run su and then type in a command line with options to start the driver.

Anyway, apart from that everything has been a positive expeirience.

Oh, futher to my asking about DVD Shrink, it does work under Wine, but it doesn't seem to work as well as under Windows. I don't mind dual booting for now until I find a similar alternative.

Rob