Re: [LUG] Compaq Presario 1246

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 10:19 pm, Linux wrote:
To Linux user Gp.

From Bernard SHEPPEE

I have a COMPAQ Presario 1246 laptop on which I wish to install Linux.

From:
http://www.dclug.org.uk/wiki/?id=documentation
Go to:
http://www.linux-laptop.net
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/compaq.html
http://wilma.vub.ac.be/~pvdabeel/compaq/
http://www.heby.de/ltmodem/

Do remember that GNU/Linux is no respecter of international borders and some
reviews on linux-laptop.net may not be available in your first language.
Usually, there is a choice of reviews.

(If you look up Advent, you'll find one that links right back to DCLUG!)

Also remember that things may well have moved on since the review was posted
and things like recompiling the kernel might not be necessary.

General stuff and auto-detection tools
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/#scanmodem
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/beginners.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-faq/?nl=swalert