Re: [LUG] Windows for RN Warships

Tony Atkin wrote:
On Friday 05 Nov 2004 23:29, Keith Abraham wrote:

Just seen this:-

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/05/mod_oks_win2k_warships/

MS Windows 2000!!.

God help us all!!

I think we are going to have to help ourselves!

Windows for warships! reminds me of a previous experience by the good old US Navy, google "US warship NT servers towed port" gives this link
http://www.gcn.com/archives/gcn/1998/july13/cov2.htm

Tony

Yes I saw that one too.
The whole business scares the pants off me. There were near
disasters under the old system but using Windows 2000 is just
asking for it.

Hopefully, sometime in the near future, the whole project
will be written off. The loss of millions to the taxpayer
might actually come as some relief!!
I predict this will indeed happen because like Matt I hear
the sound of greedy palms being rubbed together.

Keith

--
A Linux System
SuSE 9.0 on ECS KS5A/XP with 1.2GHz Athlon, 384MB RAM, 20GB Maxtor HD