[LUG] Knoppix and /etc/fstab

Hi

One of the other users in paignton has just tried to boot knoppix 3.6 from the cd Image from the latest issue of linux magazine, I make him a cdrom from this image,

AFAIK his system is running Windows XP, he's just e-mailed me and said that it boots fine but hangs when it tries to create /etc/fstab.

Any ideas, If this is created on the hdd, would this indicate an issue with writing to the NTFS file system, and would creating a small dos fat32 or fat16 partition solve the problem.

A cd created with the same iso file works fine on my computer which is running 98SE and Suse 9.1 dual boot,

Thanks for any help, or pointers.

Paul

--

PAIGNTON RUGBY CLUB ARE LOOKING FOR SPONSORS.

Options include Ball, and match sponsorship, Team Sponsorship
and advertising banners which last the whole season (September - May 1st)

Please visit. www.paigntonrugby.co.uk - click sponsorship for details.

Linux -

Free your mind, save money, Use Linux and open source. Open source, don't get left in the dark ages, migrate now.
www.linux.org