Re: [LUG] VPN Problems

Answering my own questions again!

I blindly adjusted the MTU on the eth0 of 192.168.0.2 to 1200 from 1500 and
this seems _fingers crossed_ to have done the trick :-). My limited
understanding of IP would suggest that dropping the MTU on the eth0 limits
the packet size so when the packets are wrapped in ESP and ESPINUDP (NAT_T)
the overall packet still fits in 1500 and the nasty fragmentation stops.
Strange but i never saw this before (when i had a USB ADSL modem and the
firewall/router/VPN were all one system) but i am sure there is a logical
reason, its somthing to do with that extra bit of ethernet in this setup.

Nothing like posting a question to make you see the answer your self!, Anyway
now its on a public list in case anybody else runs in to this.

Regards

Robin