[LUG] Connection woe`s.

Hi, hope the meeting was productive.
I`ve got a problem that I thought I`d share with you guys. I`ve been trying
to configure my internet connection. Where I have gone wrong is I`ve taken
advise from, an online how-to(tdlp.org), the Linux cookbook and from an
"O`reily" learning Debian book. Probably mushing these differing methods
together and causing a mess. If I issue "pon" I get told to edit the
/etc/ppp/peers/provider...(which as far as I`m concerened I`ve done).
"wvdial" seems to be a connection but I am unable to use "konqurer" so I
guess I`m not connected to the internet.Also with some of the methods I`m
directed to a file which when I arrive is a directory with a couple of files
therein and I`m not realy confident enough, nor competant enough, to edit
these files so that they call each other when nessacery.....I`m schtuck
people......Jon Davey...