Re: [LUG] Sane - Anyone got any hints?

Jeremy Pearson wrote:

I wish PSP was available for linux...
But it is - via Crossover! In fact, this month's Linux Format magazine
advocate doing precisely this, along with other apps like Dreamweaver.

Yebbut, it's commercial, I'm trying to stay away from that path.

bit), then you're away. I have to admit that lack of native Photoshop is
the *only* thing stopping me from going from a dual-boot system to a full
linux-only setup. Maybe I should stop being so tight and just buy
crossover myself..

PSP != Photoshop, and the Gimp is comparable to both in many ways.

However, I have found an even easier method of doing what I wanted. I scan, orient and crop in Gimp, then save the jpgs to a directory.

Then I run a perl script I just wrote which resizes, bevels and watermarks all of these pics in one go ready to be uploaded. (Imagemagick, PerlMagick and some quite easy perl)

So I'm happy. :)

--
Simon Avery