Re: [LUG] meeting - confirmed and Linux day

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 10:18:32PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:

Aparently the 9 of october is Linux day,  I have a quick glance at one of
the linux mags in the shop, I have found a web site.
http://www.triv.org.uk/linuxday/

I know Simon Heywood from the old Reading days. Sclug, the Reading
group (www.sclug.org.uk), has a linux appreciation day each year,
usually in the Engineering Dept in the University where there are
abundant tables, power points, etc.  The U is quite UNIX(tm) aware
since although the students see Windows the network is UNIX(tm), viz
Solaris. But the Linux Day is really just an install-fest and the SW
has these already. Let's arrange for one next year to coincide with
the linux Day and then we can share in the national coverage.

Tony Sumner