Re: [LUG] Mandrake 10.1 CE-Available For Public Download

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:18:00 +0000
Peter Butterfield <p.butterfield1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thursday 30 Sep 2004 1:18 am, Grant Sewell wrote:
It shouldn't put you off, though.  With the exception of 9.2, I've found
that Mandrake's main releases (ie non-cooker or RC) are pretty stable.
Certainly very well behaved if you stick to the Mandrake repositories
(Main, Contrib and PLF).

I am still using 9.1 which is rock solid and, although, I'm not keen to
upgrade yet, I may be tempted by 10.1. Could someone report back?

All the best,

Peter.

Hehe!  Join the club!  I'm still running Mdk9.1 as my main system.  I keep a spare
40Gb harddrive around for testing multiple OSs concurrently.

I have found that it'd be quite hard for me to 'upgrade' to any new Mandrake system
simply because _my_ Mandrake system is no-longer very Mandrakian.  The longer you
have a particular setup, the more things you add here and there, and then promptly
forget for months-on-end.  *I* would not upgrade to 10.1 because of this, however if
your system is still pretty much vanilla Mdk9.1, then I can't see that there'd be
any problems.  Certainly if you actually install 10.1 over-the-top of 9.1 rather
than "upgrade" - I have not used a Mandrake 'upgrade' tool since 7.1 went to 7.2,
and that was a bit troublesome.  I'm guessing that Mandrake have probably got things
a little better since then, though.

Grant.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.