[LUG] Problems with Debian naming...

Hi all.

Since I've just had ADSL installed, I thought it might be an idea to connect my
Debian-PPC Mac to use the ftp mirrors as well as the CDs as their apt souces.  I
installed the apt sources util "gtk-sources" and I'm in the process of adding the
mirrors to my sources list.  However, I've not really had much to do with Debian,
er, well ever, and I am thoroughly confused by the tree.  Can someone explain to me
what each of the following are about?

Under the gtk-sources "add from mirror list" screen, I have selected
www.mirror.ac.uk, and I'm given the following options:

               frozen ("")
               testing ("")
               unstable ("")
               potato ("")
               woody ("")
               sid ("")
               progeny

Components:     main
               main contrib
               main contrib non-free

Now, I'm pretty sure I understand the Components part of things, but what's the deal
with the 15 different Distributions?  Any thoughts on which would be most applicable
to a PPC setup on an OldWorld Mac?

Cheers muchly.

Grant.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.