Re: [LUG] today's meets and some observations etc.

On Saturday 25 September 2004 19:22, Paul Sutton wrote:
So what happened at todays meeting then, how did it go?

Well for me.

I do agree that constructing the infrastructure of Free Software (or the
slightly diluted pragmatic Open Source) is becoming the main task.

However, I now have a good install of Debian on one serious machine, a start
to maintaining it, and an understanding of a solution to one specific
business mail serving problem that I've wanted to move my solution to an OSS
one for a few months.

Philosophy is great, but there are livings to be earned, and businesses to be
run, and it is desirable that we all demonstrate we have regard for this.
--
Adrian Midgley                   Open Source software is better
GP, Exeter                       http://www.defoam.net/