Re: [LUG] Help Please - CDROM Behavior

On Saturday 25 September 2004 01:01, Tony Atkin wrote:

AFAIK the program which does the ejecting under software control is simply
called "eject" - so you might try renaming it on a see what happens basis.
It should stop this happening but the errant program which is calling eject
might complain/sulk/screw up (or perhaps eject _is_ the culprit, but it
doesn't look as if it's been updated since 2002 so I doubt it).

Whilst browsing around YaST last night I noted that, although my BIOS has set
both CD-ROMs as DMA33, YaST hadn't.  So I changed that and the drive has
behaved this morning so far, without locking up which, YaST warned it might.
Can't see the relevance though.

What were your search terms? I just googled it but could only find
reference to kde blocking cdrom unmounting.  This is a long-standing
problem with kde and it would be nice if it were sorted out.

SuSE > CDROM > opens.

Thanks for the response.  15 mins so far and the drive is still behaving.

--
David Bell
Hatherleigh, Devon

A Linux user.