Re: [LUG] Auto config for wireless card

When I finished setting up the school's Debian 3 mail server I put the
network settings in "/etc/network/interfaces" which, in this case, appears
as follows:

CT-SVMAIL-01:/etc/network# cat interfaces
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback

# eth0 (added by Jeremy Pearson 30 July 2004)
iface eth0 inet static
  address 10.129.232.1
  netmask 255.255.255.0
  broadcast 10.129.232.255
  network 10.129.232.0
  gateway 10.129.232.254

I understand this file is processed during startup. Not quite sure how
you'd go about adding routes though.

HTH;
Jeremy

--