Re: [LUG] webcams

Jon Lawrence wrote:

Hi all,
Now that the philips webcam driver is to be removed from the kernel source and the maintainer isn't going to continue supporting it or move it to user space, I've got to finally get around to buying a webcam that's fully supported by linux.
What is everyone using ?
What currently gives the best picture ?
Does anyone know of any decent resources with pictures taken with various webcams ?

I've been googling and will continue looking, but this seems to be one area where getting the information seems to be pretty iffy.

TIA,
Jon

You read my mind Jon :)  I use Yahoo Messenger in Windows on the laptop
and I'd *like* to use it in Linux too.  The problem is the current Linux
version does not support a webcam function.  Does anyone know of a Linux
IM app that is compatible with the major IMs AND has a webcam function?

BTW I'm using a Logitech Quickcam Home USB.. is this likelly to work in
Linux anyway?

Kind regards,

Jules